Monday, April 3, 2017

Weekly Challenge #310 AND something new to try

Hey Hey my peoples!

So - last week I alluded to something i was working on over here at Casa Diva.  And i think i've got it worked out (minus a few kinks and trouble shooting issues) but the big reveal is:

I am going to be live streaming my challenge tiles.

WOO!

Generally speaking (unless there are extenuating circumstances) i will be streaming on Sunday nights as i'm getting ready for Monday's blog post!  (Or Monday nights if it's a long weekend)

and you can watch me, too!

I will be streaming here at www.twitch.tv/iamthediva  You can watch this from your desktop or you can download a free Twitch App for your iOS or Android device and if you create a free twitch account and HEART my channel you will get notifications when i am live.

For now i am going to be streaming sorta spontaneously, except i plan to stream on Sunday nights since i will be tangling then anyway.

I plan to stream Sunday nights at 8:30 pm (after my kids are in bed) and since Saskatchewan doesn't observe time changes currently we are the same time as Calgary, AB - or Salt Lake, UT.  If that helps.

For this week i announced on facebook and instagram that i would be streaming - so thank you so much to everyone who came by to watch me tangle and chit chat.

I would love to see you there, so please come on over and say hi!

B-rad sent me these helpful screen shots from his phone - so here's some iphone help...
Search
Once you're signed in you can search for iamthediva


Click on my channel 

Click the heart to follow my channel


Once you heart my channel an option to receive notifications should appear at the top of the screen.  If you miss it, unfollow and refollow and the prompt should reappear.

Now - nothing else will change.  The written blog post will still arrive on Monday Morning, just like it always does.  You do not have to watch the stream to get the challenge on Monday - but if you'd like to watch me tangle, or ask me a questions, or get a little sneak peek for the challenge ahead - now you can.

So, that's what's coming up in the weeks to come! I hope to see some of you there!

Weekly Challenge #310 "UMT Frunky by Katharina Königsbauer-Kolb"
 For those of you who are new, the first Monday of every month is a Use My Tangle Challenge, where the challenge of the week is to use a tangle created by one of you!  If you have a tangle you'd like to submit you can add it here and be sure that it follows the guidelines for submission.

This month's UMT is Frunky by Katharina Königsbauer-Kolb and you can see the step outs here 
We're up all night to get Frunky

I really had fun with this one, and my tile ended up looking a little bit like a garden path.  So cute. 


have a great week!


And if you're on the Zentangle Mosaic App or Instagram - i'm @iamthediva - come on by and follow me, and i'm going to be using hashtags on the app for each of my weekly challenges. So if you're game - use the hashtag #DC310(Diva Challenge #310) for your tile this week! You can also search in the app for people's contributions to the challenge by clicking on the hashtag from inside the app, or using the search function. 
If you have a blog or host your images on line (like on Flickr or Picassa or Pinterest), add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here) Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;) 
If you love the challenge as much as i do, please consider leaving a tip (tip jar in the side bar).  I write this blog for free and have no plans to make it a paid for service in the future.  Buy me a cup of coffee, or a new Micron pen!! Click the tip jar on the side for a monthly tip, but if you just wanna throw a few bucks my way THIS LINK will give you a one time option.    A very big thank you to those who have kept me in hot cups of joe. ;)

20 comments:

  1. Congratulations with the life streaming!!!! I,will find out what the time is in the Netherlands and (if daytime) come visit. You created a lovely tile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realize many of my followers are in different time zones (like in Europe). At some point I hope to record and share the sessions - but for now it's just live streams. :)

      Delete
    2. I may look at trying out other times for special occasions. But we'll see.

      Delete
    3. tha same..it would be a bit to early something about 04:30am ^^ but I like the idea...they should skip the time zones ;-)

      Delete
  2. Won't be able to watch as in the middle of the night here! Can you record it and put on YouTube or here? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For right now it's just going to be live streams. But I will totally let everyone know if and when I'm able to capture them to YouTube

      Delete
  3. My guess is that a lot of us will be hoping for a re-watch at a later time. Fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are exciting times, Laura, I only hope my tachnology can keep up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, Laura. Sounds like you are having a better day today than last week. I don't use facebook, so I didn't know about your live streaming video. So I just went in today to check out the challenge and that's how I found out. So here is my entry to the challenge, on my blog page and linked in your linky machine. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh I hope I got my link right this week! Congratulations Laura on your live stream! I hope you have much success! ��

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well Salt Lake city, UT is two hours ahead of FL. (according to Siri.)
    So I would watch at 6:30 pm. Not the best hour for me, kiddo. But I will try to look now and then as I think it's a way cool idea. I think most of us just wish you do a youtube video and post the link. So much more convenient.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for such a fun challenge. I love "Frunky". I'm very excited about your streaming venture and was happy to discover you're only one hour ahead of California. Now I just have to get it downloaded onto my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited about seeing my tangle drawn by so many people. Many thanks to all off you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your live streaming!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So excited to hear of your live streaming! Congratulations! Looking forward to next Sunday already!! Absolutely LOVE Frunky! Terrific challenge! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on the live streaming. Haven't had a chance to check it out yet; but I will eventually. Frunky was fun to do; although it was a real challenge to do it on a 3Z tile. Took me a while to get the proportions right. But in the end my stubbornness won out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Many thanks for the great challenge & Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, Laura, for always looking for new ways to connect with us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank´s for introducing such a fun pattern! I will find out about your live-streaming when I have the time to do it. I need tangling right now badly since there is to much happening around!!!

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!